Reddit Reddit reviews DiCAPac WP-S10 Pro DSLR Camera Series Waterproof Case

We found 16 Reddit comments about DiCAPac WP-S10 Pro DSLR Camera Series Waterproof Case. Here are the top ones, ranked by their Reddit score.

Underwater Photography Housings
Underwater Photography Products
Camera & Photo
Electronics
DiCAPac WP-S10 Pro DSLR Camera Series Waterproof Case
Take clear pictures under water up to 16 feetRoll and velcro zipper system and built-in finger sleeve allows full functionality of cameraWaterproof underwater housing usable up to 16.4' (5.0 m)Fits SLR camera with 2.0-5.9" Lens
Check price on Amazon

16 Reddit comments about DiCAPac WP-S10 Pro DSLR Camera Series Waterproof Case:

u/GIS-Rockstar · 4 pointsr/photography

A few years back I sat on this idea and finally went with a Canon ELPH 100HS. It has great low light response, and I used it for a decent amount of diving (photos and video) as well as shooting northern lights before I finally got a DSLR and was VERY impressed with how well it worked for a little P&S camera. It makes a hell of a B-camera if you're into shooting video or vlogging.

As an aside, another diver friend of mind uses something like this bag-type housing and he seems to really like and trust it. It might be worth researching for snorkeling. You could always take some shots, and pass it up to the divemaster so it's not in the water with you for the entire session (minimized exposure is definitely a plus). All I'd recommend is to do is fill it with air and test it in the bathtub for a bit before your trip and again the morning before the session to make sure it's secure.

I hear nothing but good stories out of Bonaire, so have fun!

u/madman6931 · 3 pointsr/pics

I have one of these and it works.its a little difficult to use but honestly it does it's job which is keep water out relevant link

u/kickstand · 3 pointsr/photography


I have used a DiCAPAC WPS10 with digital bodies. I expect it is the right size for your film cameras.

The problem you're gonna have, I think, is advancing the film. The bags tend to be pretty stiff.

u/sidsy · 2 pointsr/BurningMan

Hey! We will have a solar charging station for camera batteries, camera protection and cleaning supplies and a place (out of the dust) where people can change lenses.

So here's a list of DON'T DOs:

  1. Change lens on playa unless you are in a dust-free zone.
    (Change indoors, with fresh latex/serving gloves)

  2. Shoot without a protective sleeve.

  3. Walk around without spare batteries.


    That said, here's the one I am personally using:
    https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00169HXW2/ref=cm_cr_arp_mb_bdcrb_top?ie=UTF8

    Shooting with a smart phone isn't that bad either, as a second-perspective lens, if you feel you chose the "wrong lens".

    Cheers!

    Edit: Thanks so much and please spread the word!
u/HybridCamRev · 2 pointsr/videography

> how well this performs underwater?

You'll need a [relatively inexpensive waterproof bag] (https://www.amazon.co.uk/Dicapac-WP-S10-outdoor-underwater-SLRs/dp/B00169HXW2//ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&linkCode=ll1&tag=hybrcamerevo-21) or a [very expensive waterproof case] (https://www.amazon.co.uk/d/Camera-Photo/Ikelite-Underwater-Housing-Panasonic-G7-6961-07/B01EJAP5JC/ref=as_li_ss_tl?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1492341724&sr=1-3-fkmr0&keywords=Panasonic+G7+underwater+case&linkCode=ll1&tag=hybrcamerevo-21).

> I'm guessing you have some experience with this model by how much you have said so how do you think it holds up compared to more expensive budgets?

Not this model, but I have been shooting with Panasonic GH cameras for over 6 years, starting with the GH2. Shooters are still making great movies with that camera ([this underwater documentary] (https://vimeo.com/200559856) was shot a few months ago with the GH2). My GH2 still works as well as the day I opened the box.

> I'm thinking in terms of how long it's life would be before upgrading again and if it would be worthwhile to spend more for the first time?

That's up to you, but sometimes "perfect" is the enemy of "good enough".

Again, hope this is helpful!

u/OpticalPrime · 2 pointsr/Cameras

https://www.amazon.com/DiCAPac-WP-S10-DSLR-Camera-Waterproof/dp/B00169HXW2

I would t trust this to underwater, but sand, snow, splash protection this should be pretty good. These are also good for photographing those color chalked runs and holi celebrations.

u/Draeth · 2 pointsr/photography

Bought one for my trip to Crete. I did everything they suggest to leak testing and proper loading and sealing. Although I did an extra step of letting it sit in the bathtub overnight empty to guarantee that it was watertight. I took it snorkeling, when I finished it was bone dry inside. I bought the larger one for DSLRs and I would recommend it. It is a much cheaper alternative to the next in line for waterproof housings.


It was this one. http://www.amazon.com/DiCAPac-WPS10-Waterproof-Cameras-190mm/dp/B00169HXW2/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1314271019&sr=1-3

u/Mnemonix23 · 2 pointsr/Random_Acts_Of_Amazon

One of my favorite activities...planning dream vacations!

Ok, first, I'm going to Puerto Rico...beautiful weather, good food, and lots of history. You can't not find something to do.

I'll stay in Old San Juan for a few days to roam around the beautiful buildings, soak up the culture, and visit museums.

Then, I'll head west to El Yunque, the rainforest, and spend a day or two hiking around, photographing wildlife and flora. It'll help to have this bad boy with me.

After I'm done hiking in the rainforest, I'll head over to Isla Vieques for a final night in Puerto Rico. On Vieques, I'll make sure to view the bioluminescent bays... and maybe even try my hand at more photography with one of these.

And of course, the company. I'll go with my best friend, because nothing is quite like spending time travelling with friends. Plus, she's pretty much the most awesome person ever, with a sarcastic sense of humor, lots of energy, and always looking to travel. And she's also into the photography, so she'll be down with me stopping to take photos all the time!

Doesn't get much better than that!

u/remembertosmilebot · 1 pointr/Beginning_Photography

Did you know Amazon will donate a portion of every purchase if you shop by going to smile.amazon.com instead? Over $50,000,000 has been raised for charity - all you need to do is change the URL!

Here are your smile-ified links:

This

---

^^i'm ^^a ^^friendly bot

u/lepetitcoer · 1 pointr/Beginning_Photography

I am going to see Niagara Falls next month, so I also wanted to waterproof my camera. This is what I came up with. It just came yesterday, so I haven't had a chance to do anything besides open the box. The reviews are ok.

There are also really expensive housings that fit over the camera. They probably work the best, but I don't have the cash for that!

There are things like ponchos for your camera at the cheap end, but I'm not sure how well they work.

I will be following this post to see if there are any better suggestions!

u/kindredfold · 1 pointr/fujix

Don't know what ops using, but I bought this cheap guy off of amazon for a shallow depth shoot and it worked perfectly well, although I was just nervous about it the whole time: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00169HXW2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fLiVzbGQEF1FA

u/BigFuzzyArchon · 1 pointr/AskPhotography

unless you plan on actually putting it in the snow, it will be fine without a case

if you are still super paranoid http://www.amazon.com/DiCAPac-WP-S10-Camera-Series-Waterproof/dp/B00169HXW2

u/LukeOnTheBrightSide · 1 pointr/photography

Sorry about the 6D! Hopefully the button that doesn't work isn't too important. I lost my directional buttons for down, up, or right. Only the "left" button works.

Luckily, nearly all the menus can be navigated by dials. Still a pain in the butt when trying to review images.

I was snorkeling with mine in essentially a heavy-duty ziploc bag. I had used it before on several occasions without any problems, but this day, I looked in the bag while snorkeling and saw maybe a half-inch of saltwater on the bottom of the bag. Immediately surfaced, turned everything off, let it dry. At first it wouldn't turn back on, but eventually it came alive... just without those buttons.

All in all, I'd consider that pretty lucky. I'd say there's a 75% chance that I didn't properly seal the bag, and a 25% chance it failed.

I'm with you, I'd much prefer a more weather sealed camera. I love taking hikes and landscape shots, so occasional showers are expected. But for 10fps, amazing dynamic range, dual card slots, EVF with good battery life, amazing video quality, in-body image stabilization, and working up/down/right buttons, I'd probably accept throwing a rain cover in my bag.

u/cryospam · 1 pointr/onebagging

I got [THESE](https://www.amazon.com/Waterproof-Travel-Packing-Cubes-Set/dp/B01MD1P3V4/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1493584072&sr=8-3
) and used the one slated for shoes.

I packed around it with smaller clothing for safety while in the air, and for most of the trip I had my DSLR out, I used one of THESE around my camera while it was out.

I have a Nikon D7000 for a camera, and I use THIS as my travel lens with a UV filter, but no hood for this trip because it was in the waterproof case.

u/bushiz · 1 pointr/photography

if you're super paranoid, I know a guy who uses this: http://www.amazon.com/DiCAPac-WPS10-Waterproof-Cameras-190mm/dp/B00169HXW2/ref=lp_3350301_1_5?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1394514997&sr=1-5 with his camera at the beach, sometimes chest-deep in salt water that splashes all over