Reddit reviews Pure: Inside the Evangelical Movement That Shamed a Generation of Young Women and How I Broke Free
We found 2 Reddit comments about Pure: Inside the Evangelical Movement That Shamed a Generation of Young Women and How I Broke Free. Here are the top ones, ranked by their Reddit score.
There's an awful lot to unpack in your post. I'll try to hit the key points, but please let me know if I miss something. To be clear, I am speaking to you explicitly in my capacity as a member of the clergy, ordained and out of seminary over twenty years.
For your own reading, or others looking for an understanding of Christians sexual ethics that goes beyond fundamentalism, here are some resources:
- Good Christian Sex - Bromleigh McCleneghan
- Unprotected Texts - Jennifer Wright Knust
- Shameless: A Sexual Reformation: - Nadia Bolz-Webber
- Shameless: How I Lost My Virginity and Kept My Faith - Dani Frankhauser
- Just Love: A Framework for Christian Sexual Ethics - Margaret Farley (this one leans toward the academic)
- God and Sex: What the Bible Really Says - Michael Coogan
and, for a wonderful critique of the devastating impact of "purity" culture...
- Pure: Inside the Evangelical Movement that Shamed a Generation - Linda Kay Klein
This book might be helpful for you: https://www.amazon.com/Pure-Inside-Evangelical-Movement-Generation/dp/150112482X/