Best guitar books according to redditors
We found 2,078 Reddit comments discussing the best guitar books. We ranked the 627 resulting products by number of redditors who mentioned them. Here are the top 20.
1. The Guitar Player Repair Guide
Author: Dan ErlewineSeries: BookPublisher: Backbeat BooksMedium: Softcover with DVD8" x 11"
2. Music Theory for Guitarists: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know But Were Afraid to Ask (Guitar Method)
Tablature: Yes104 pagesSize: 12" x 9"Author: "Tom Kolb"ISBN: 063406651X
3. Fretboard Logic SE: The Reasoning Behind the Guitar's Unique Tuning Plus Chords Scales and Arpeggios Complete(2 Volumes)
Fretboard Logic Special Edition BookA bound combination of Books I and II in the Fretboard Logic guitar lesson seriesVolume I explains the guitar's unique tuning and a basic set of fretboard patternsVolume II integrates this foundation into an exploration of chords, scales, and arpeggiosA bound comb...
5. The Guitar Handbook: A Unique Source Book for the Guitar Player - Amateur or Professional, Acoustic or Electrice, Rock, Blues, Jazz, or Folk
Alfred Publishing Co. Model#00330105
6. Guitar Aerobics: A 52-Week, One-lick-per-day Workout Program for Developing, Improving and Maintaining Guitar Technique Bk/online audio
Once-per-day exercises cover:Alternate pickingArpeggiosSweep pickingString skippingLegatoString bendingRhythm guitar
7. Building Walking Bass Lines (Bass Builders)
Walk, don't runA walking bass line is the most common approach to jazz bass playing, but it is also used in rock music, blues, rockabilly, R&B, gospel, Latin, country and many other types of musicThe term "walking" is used to describe the moving feeling that quarter notes create in the bass partThis...
9. Hal Leonard Bass Method - Complete Edition: Books 1, 2 and 3 Bound Together in One Easy-to-Use Volume!
Books 1, 2, and 3 bound together in one easy-to-use volume! The critically acclaimed Hal Leonard Electric Bass Method in a handy composite edition! Contains 3 books and 3 CDs for Levels 1, 2, and 3Tab144 pagesThe critically acclaimed Hal Leonard Electric Bass Method in a handy composite edition! Con...
10. The Guitar Grimoire: A Compendium of Formulas for Guitar Scales and Modes
Complete fretboard patternsKeyboard patternsAll 5-, 6-, 7-, and 8-tone scales and modes211 pagesGuitar Grimoire gives you complete explanations with full fretboard patterns of all 5-, 6-, 7-, and 8-tone scales and modes
12. The Advancing Guitarist (Reference)
Basic Fingerboard MechanicsModesScales and ChordsContemporary HarmonyHarmonica and Overtone Influences
14. Ted Greene -- Chord Chemistry
The classic chord reference bookTed Greene's Chord Chemistry from Alfred was originally published in 1971 and has become the classic guitar chord reference book for all guitaristsWhether you are just beginning to search beyond basic barre chords or are already an advanced player, this guitar chord b...
15. Bass Fitness - An Exercising Handbook: Updated Edition!: Now Including Bonus 5-String Section! (Guitar School)
An essential for the developing bassistProvides the aspiring bass player with a wide variety of finger exercises for developing the techniques necessary to succeed in today's music sceneIt will also play an important role in your daily practiceThe 200 bass exercises are designed to help increase you...
16. Pumping Nylon: The Classical Guitarist's Technique Handbook (Pumping Nylon Series)
Manufactured to the Highest Quality Available.With True Enhanced Performance.Latest Technical Development.
17. Standing in the Shadows of Motown: The Life and Music of Legendary Bassist James Jamerson
Standing in the Shadows of Motown Book/CDJames Jamerson was the embodiment of the Motown spirit and groove - the invisible entity whose playing inspired thousandsHis tumultuous life and musical brilliance are explored in depth through hundreds of interviews, 49 transcribed musical scores, 2 hours of...
18. The Evolving Bassist -- Millennium Edition: A Comprehensive Method in Developing a Total Musical Concept for the Aspiring Jazz Bass Player
Evolving Bassist - Millennium Edition BookThis Evolving Bassist is the edition entering into the new millennium, the year 2000This jazz bass edition will mark 26 years in publication as "the standard" in bass method booksThrough the years since this book was first published, Rufus began to feel that...