- Easy-to-use at-home kit via saliva swab sample. Personalized results based on your cat’s DNA ready in 6-9 weeks.
- The world’s first at-home feline genetic test to help you learn more about your cat’s breed and wildcat breakdowns. Health and traits reports coming soon! Please note — this is NOT a breed identifier (we can not confirm your cats pedigree) but we CAN tell you what breeds make up your cat and look for genomic similarities to existing breeds.
- Cats breed groups are broken down into 4 categories: Western breeds (from Europe/Americas), Eastern Breeds (from Asia), Hybrid breeds (from Wild Cat crosses), and Polycat (of yet unknown origin), and expanded into individual breeds. The report now also contains a chromosome painting (also known as chromosome mapping), so you can see which specific sections of your cat’s chromosomes match with the different breeds and categories!
- Accurate, reliable reports developed + designed through a rigorous process by world-class scientists and veterinary experts. Although Basepaws is NOT a breed test, we use the most accurate breed identification scientifically possible to come to a Breed Index, showing which breeds make up your cat. Most other genetic tests only screen for “what is already known.” Unfortunately, very little is currently known about cat genetics. We report on all currently available data + work on new discoveries!
- Celebrate the Mutt – Mixed breeds cats, or polycats, are a lot more unique than we think! There is a big world beyond just Domestic Short Hair. Let’s us help you #GetToKnowYourCatBetter
Check price on Amazon.com