Mead is an alcoholic beverage produced by fermenting a solution of honey, water, and yeast (or grain mash). It may be flavored with hops, fruit or spices depending on tradition or a given recipe. This kit includes everything you need to get started making a one gallon batch of mead EXCEPT FOR honey and water.
- 1 gallon glass jug (128 oz)
- 2 gallon (256 oz) fermentation pail w/ lid and 48″ siphon hose
- one solid stopper, one drilled stopper, one airlock
- one packet of wine yeast, one packet of yeast nutrient
- one container of sanitizer, and a 15 page instructional booklet